WHAT WE DO

Laziochirurgia delivers humanitarian aid to Third World countries. It is affiliated with the Italian-Ethiopian organisation  H.E.W.O.  (Modena), which operates in Ethiopia as a medical, educational and social humanitarian organization

HEALTH PROFILE IN ETHIOPIA

In 2013 the health care cost per capita was $25 (WHO 2015)

80% of the diseases could be avoided with adequate preventive health care.

HEALTH PROFILE IN ETHIOPIA

WHO 2015 DATA

TRANSPARENT PROJECT

The necessary funds to support Laziochirurgia's humanitarian activity come entirely from private donations by members, friends or supporters.

These resources are almost entirely (95%) used to finance medical activity , the remaining 5% goes to law and customs fulfillment.

OUR PROJECTS

PediatricSurgery Project

 

Supervisor: Dr. Guglielmo Mazzoni

Dr. Giorgio Pasquini, who had 10 years field experience at HEWO Hospital, envisioned the necessity to start up a paediatric surgery project. This  project began  in 2012 when in October we made a survey of the medical, surgical and paediatric health situation in Tigray. We visited all Quihà and  Makallè hospitals...

Thyroid Project

Supervisor: Dr. Giorgio Pasquini

Thyroid dysfunction causing abnormal goiters is one of the most common diseases we have been curing surgically. These goiters cause inability and can only be cured with surgical therapy, due to the difficulties in acquiring the necessary therapeutic drugs..

Laboratory Diagnostics Project

Supervisor: Dr. Claudio Gambetta

A small laboratory serves the medical needs at HEWO Hospital. This include diagnostics of infectious diseases and parameter determination for monitoring the most common infections present in the Tigray region.

It also covers the primary level requests for surgery, medical and paediatric activities...

Dentistry Project

 

Supervisor: Dr. Giuseppe Giannini

HEWO's dental project began in 2008 with doctor Karel Decaessteckr a Belgian working in Rome.

This is when the first dental cures began.

Ethiopia has no public dental health care and the population does not have the means to cover the costs of private assistance.

This project has been developed by many dentists from various Italian regions

Also Featured In

    Like what you read? Donate now and help me provide fresh news and analysis for my readers   

© 2023 by "This Just In". Proudly created with Wix.com